Monday 28 March 2011

History


Well, perhaps a bit of history is needed here.  How did I get to this point?  I used to enjoy messing with my Mum's sewing machine when I was a child but it stopped there.  I then started making Christmas stockings for my 3 children and after the making the second one by hand I thought "I really must buy myself a sewing machine".  So I did. Not really knowing what I was doing I just bought a cheapish one - and so far its good!  After my 3rd son was born I discovered waterproof bags (Wet Bags) on Etsy (to carry around cloth nappies, or wet clothes or whatever you fancy really) and thought that they were wonderful.  My only gripe was having to ship them from the US to the UK and thought that perhaps a UK seller would be useful.  So I had a go at making them myself.  I have experimented on lots of other ideas and now make key fobs, wet bags and baby play blocks to sell.  I've also started making changing mats, book covers and have recently developed an obsession with quilting.  I'll post a bit more on the new things I am developing but for now, here are examples of things I am currently selling.

Wet Bag


Play Blocks


Key Fob


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for grandchildren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Been onto your Etsy shop and have been browsing the wet bags.....but love the fabric more on the one you've photoed above! Any chance of making this one again with matching key fob? (medium size). Would love to go all out and say changing mat as well but I do have a budget LOL! Let me know - kirsty@b2boutique.co.uk

    ReplyDelete